Scott Gingras’ practice involves civil litigation with primary focuses on employment and labor law, personal injury, products liability, medical negligence, insurance law and insurance defense, and commercial and business litigation. Scott represents a broad array of clients ranging from employers, employees, injured individuals and insurance companies.
Scott became a Principal with the firm in 2013.
Scott was selected to the 2014, 2015, 2018, and 2019 Mountain States “Rising Stars” list of attorneys.
Areas of Emphasis
- Employment and Labor Law
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Product’s Liability
- Construction and Product Defect Litigation
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Montana, B.A., Business Administration, 2004
Admitted to Practice
- Idaho State Courts
- Montana State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Idaho
- United States District Court for the District of Montana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
A Principal with the firm, Scott joined Winston & Cashatt in early 2011. Scott grew up in Missoula, Montana, and obtained his bachelor’s degree in business administration and minor in economics from the University of Montana in 2004. Scott then obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from Gonzaga School of Law in 2007. After law school, Scott was employed for three years as an associate attorney with a mid-sized firm in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. In his personal time, Scott enjoys volunteering and coaching his kids’ athletic teams, fly-fishing and golfing throughout the Northwest. He also enjoys spending time with his wife and kids in various outdoor activities such as skiing, biking and camping.
Employment and Labor Law
Scott is widely involved in all aspects of employment and labor law, representing both employers and employees. Scott is a Past-President of the Employment and Labor Law Section of the Idaho State Bar. Scott has been a presenter and speaker on various employment and labor law topics, and has also authored an article published in The Advocate on Idaho unemployment law.
Personal Injury/Medical Malpractice
Scott represents individual victims, claimants, plaintiffs and defendants in all level of state and federal courts, multidistrict litigation and bankruptcy cases involving personal injury, products liability, medical malpractice, including medical devices and dangerous drugs, and childhood sexual abuse.
Commercial and Business Litigation
Represents clients in cases involving breach of contract, business torts, antitrust, franchise, and partnership/joint venture, trust, fiduciaries, product’s liability, and construction and product defect litigation.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Washington, Idaho and Montana State Bar Associations
- U.S. District Courts of Washington, Idaho and Montana
- Kootenai County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board Member of the Employment and Labor Law Section of Idaho State Bar
- Advisory Board Member of the Central YMCA of the Inland Northwest