Winston & Cashatt, Lawyers is committed to recruiting, developing, retaining and promoting talented lawyers and professionals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We know that collaboration in an environment that values different backgrounds, experiences and points of view make us a better firm and better professionals.
Winston & Cashatt has long been a leader in promoting and celebrating women in the legal community. Winston & Cashatt was a pioneer in Spokane in 1976 when it named Patricia Williams the first female partner in a large Spokane law firm. Ms. Williams went on to become the first and only female bankruptcy judge in the Eastern District of Washington. Winston & Cashatt continues to promote and support women within the firm, including having a consistently high percentage of female partners and women in leadership roles within the firm.
At Winston & Cashatt, we believe that an ongoing examination of diversity and inclusion benefits not only our firm, but the community, staff and our clients.
Pro Bono and other Community Engagement Activities
Winston & Cashatt is committed to pro bono and equal access to justice. The firm provides financial support to the Spokane County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Program and to the Idaho First District Bar. Our lawyers participate in bar association functions throughout the year that support and showcase the Spokane County VLP program and the Idaho Law Foundation.
The lawyers and staff at Winston & Cashatt believe in giving time and talent to our community. Leadership in civic and charitable organizations is important to our firm culture. We encourage our attorneys to take pro bono cases on an individual basis, or by co-counseling with other organizations. Our attorneys serve or have served on a number of non-profit organizations, including:
- JOYA, fka Spokane Guild School
- Executive Women International
- Ronald McDonald House
- Pioneer Human Services
- Junior Livestock Show of Spokane
- Greater Spokane Incorporated
- Boys and Girls Club of Spokane
- Spokane South Rotary
- Spokane Enological Society
- Kootenai County Humane Society
- Panhandle Parks Foundation
- Leadership Spokane
- Health Science and Services Authority of Spokane
We participate in state and local bar associations and other professional organizations, including:
- Spokane County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defender Association
- Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Washington Leadership Institute
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Washington Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Idaho Women Lawyers
- Spokane Estate Planning Council
- Endowment for Equal Justice
- Legal Foundation of Washington
- Idaho State Bar Association
- First District Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
Our firm as a whole supports a number of non-profits throughout the year, including:
- Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital Bunny Drive
- Unity in the Community School Supply Drive
- Union Gospel Mission clothing drive
- Salvation Army Adopt-A-Family
Our motto is “Defining Legal Excellence.” To us, that means more than writing a great brief or winning an argument; it means working collaboratively with people from different backgrounds to serve our clients and the community at large.