Elizabeth Tellessen’s practice focuses on agricultural, private and public land use, in addition to real estate transactional and litigation matters. In these areas she assists clients in decision-making, and issues arising from boundary lines, easements, building and zoning codes, covenants, water and other matters related to use and development of land.
Areas of Emphasis
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2005
- Colorado State University, B.S. in Animal Science, cum laude, 2001
Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Washington State Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Idaho
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
Provides legal counsel in the areas of local and municipal law, administrative law and procedures, growth management law and policy, zoning regulations, state environmental regulations and policies, and land use.
Real Estate Litigation
Ms. Tellessen represents businesses and individuals in matters relating to the purchase and sale of real property, breach of contract, and matters relating to the ownership and interest in real property, including damage to real property, commercial agricultural leases, title insurance, covenants and restrictions on land, easements, access, and boundary lines.
She also provides legal counsel in the areas of local, municipal, and administrative water law with regard to obtaining and maintaining water rights, shoreline and growth management law and policy.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Washington State Bar Association, Sections of Real Estate, Probate and Trust, and Environment and Land Use Law
- Spokane County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division – Past President
- American Bar Association – Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Associated Builders & Contractors – Member
- Junior Livestock Show of Spokane – Board of Trustees
- Leadership Spokane, Class of 2014
- Greater Spokane Incorporated, AgriBusiness Steering Committee
- Martindale-Hubble – AV Preeminent Peer Rating
- SuperLawyer™ – 2013 Rising Star
- Inland Business Catalyst Magazine – Emerging Woman in Business 2014