After graduating with honors from Gonzaga University School of Law in 1984, Steve joined Winston & Cashatt as an Associate in 1987 and became a principal in the firm in 1991. Prior to his time with Winston & Cashatt, Steve served two years as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert J. McNichols, United States District Court Judge, Eastern District of Washington.
He focuses on commercial transactions and commercial litigation with an emphasis on employment law matters. He has represented numerous employers in both State and Federal Courts. He has extensive experience in complex commercial transactions and complex commercial litigation. He is a frequent lecturer on business and employment issues.
Steve is active on many Bar Association committees, including his role as a Bar Examiner and his membership in the Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Washington, of which he is Past President.
Areas of Emphasis
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D. cum laude 1984
- Eastern Washington University, B.A. 1981
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court