Jeff Ropp’s practice focuses advising clients in the areas of estate/trust planning, business representation, and litigation of estate and trust matters. Jeff has over 25 years’ experience in these areas.
Areas of Emphasis
- University of Florida, Master of Laws and Taxation Program, 1988
- Gonzaga University School of Law, 1986
- Washington State University, 1983
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- Washington State Courts
- United States Tax Court
Jeff graduated from Gonzaga University School of Law in 1986, and the University of Florida, Master of Laws and Taxation Program (LLM) in 1988. Jeff has practiced in the area of estate planning, elder law, probate, and trust administration for over 25 years.
Estate Planning, Probate & Trusts, and Administration of Estates
Clients use Jeff’s services to develop and prepare estate plans, implement asset protection strategies, and prepare Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Directives, and other estate planning documents. Jeff’s practice includes representing clients in all aspects of probate and trust administration.
Estate, Probate, and Trust Litigation
Jeff has actively litigated probate, trust, and estate matters for over 20 years. This includes representing Trustees, Executors and Personal Representatives, Beneficiaries and Fiduciaries in all types of probate and trust disputes.
Jeff advises busnesses through all stages, including formation, purchase of business, changes of ownership, and sale and succession. Jeff also represents businesses and owners in litigation matters.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Active member of Spokane Estate Planning Council
- Legacy Advisory Board for Children’s Hospital Foundation, Seattle, WA
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
Presentations and Publications
- Presentation: Fundamentals of Elder Law: National Business Institute: CLE, Spokane, WA, June 2013
- Presentation: To the Association of Prosecuting Attorneys Support Enforcement Project, Continuing Legal Education Conference: Income Discovery and Examination of Financial Documents, Leavenworth, WA, May 2013
- Presentation: Operating Procedures and Limited Liability Company: National Business Institute CLE, Spokane, WA, February 2013
- Presentation: Drafting Effective Wills and Trusts: National Business Institute, December 2012
- Presentation: Estate Planning When a Spouse is Confronted with Health Issues and Asset Protection for Seniors: CLE, National Business Institute, Spokane, WA, June 2011
- Presentation: Complying With Ethical Standards: National Business Institute CLE, Spokane, WA, October 2010
- Presentation/Chair: Spokane Estate Planning Council Presentation: Vulnerable Adults: Dealing With Client With Diminished Capacity and Issues Confronting the Professional, Advising Such Adults: Chair Presentation to Estate Planning Council, September 2010
- Presentation: Understanding the World of Minority Rights and Fiduciary Obligations: National Business Institute CLE, Spokane, WA, October 2009
- Presentation: Limited Liability Companies: Operating Procedures of Limited Liability Company, National Business Institute CLE, June 2009