Jim Reed maintained a practice that was focused in all phases of construction, real estate, land use, and zoning law.
Representing clients in all phases of construction, Jim primarily represented subcontractors and suppliers on all types of federal, state and privately funded projects. He has represented individuals and business owners in all aspects of land use, including development, permitting, and takings.
Jim joined Winston & Cashatt in 1995. He was formerly a partner in Backman, Blumel & Reed where he maintained a broad civil trial practice with special emphasis in construction and land use law. Before attending law school, Jim served in the United States Army (1968-1972) and attained the rank of captain.
Areas of Emphasis
- Construction Litigation
- Public Contracts
- Real Property Litigation
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1975
- Washington State University, B.A., 1968
Admitted to Practice
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Arbitration Association Construction Industry Arbitration and Mediation panels
- Big Brothers and Sisters, Board Member – Past President
- Spokane Country Club – Past President