Gabrielle’s practice focuses primarily on family law and guardianships. Previously, she practiced general litigation and appellate law in the regulatory health care industry. Gabrielle joined Winston & Cashatt in 2016, after running her own practice for twelve years.
Areas of Emphasis
- University of Portland, B.S. in Organizational Communications, 1998
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2001
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts
- Federal Court fo the Eastern District of Washington
Gabrielle spent most of her childhood overseas and in Montana, moved to Spokane to attend Gonzaga Law in 1998, and found home. She has two young children, three dogs (one particularly ugly one) and most of her sanity intact. When she is not working, Gabrielle operates a kid taxi service to soccer and school, worships football, and cooks a lot—she makes the best Southern brisket to prove it! Every so often, she sleeps.
Gabrielle has handled complex family law matters, including divorces, child support actions, parenting plan and child support modifications, third party custody, pre/post-nuptial agreements, and numerous other related issues for many years. Her family law experience also includes both the filing and defense of domestic violence protection orders, anti-harassment orders, and sexual assault protection orders. Gabrielle has also cultivated relationships with external experts and resources that may be helpful to her clients as needed, including private investigators, forensic accountants, labs, and process servers. She is also able to assist clients in mediation and trial environments.
Gabrielle’s experience extends to all stages of the guardianship process: working with clients seeking to file an action for a family member, working as a RCW Title 11 guardian ad litem, representing incapacitated persons through the process, and representing guardians and agencies both during litigation and after. She has worked with professional guardians through various levels of discipline, both locally and through State levels and appeal. Gabrielle serves as a Title 11 guardian ad litem and a Title 4 guardian ad litem for Spokane County and nearby outlying counties.
Professional Activities & Awards
- Spokane County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Spokane County Commissioner Pro Tem, 2011-2016
- Spokane County Volunteer Lawyer of the Year 2011
- Adjunct Professor and Mock Trial coach for Eastern Washington University, 2002-2011
- Carper Foundation Faculty Award, Eastern Washington University, 2009
- Dean’s Honor Faculty Award, Eastern Washington University, 2008
- Adjunct Professor, National Moot Court coach, Gonzaga University School of Law, 2002-2004