Send a message to Fred C. Pflanz
Fred Pflanz’s practice focuses on plaintiff and defendant wrongful death, personal injury, and products liability litigation, and he regularly advises clients as to all aspects of insurance issues. Fred’s experience has included successful prosecution of major tort claims against the federal government and claims against the military.
Areas of Emphasis
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 1981
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, B.S., 1972
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
He has represented plaintiffs and defended claims in a wide variety of cases including vehicle collisions, airplane crashes, toxic tort claims, and shootings, as well as farm and industrial accidents. Fred also has experience in medical and attorney negligence cases. Consumer protection issues often constitute a significant part of his cases.
Fred joined Winston & Cashatt in 1983. After completing law school at Gonzaga University, he served for two years as a law clerk for the Honorable Justin L. Quakenbush, United States District Judge. Fred has authored trial practice articles and lectured on various insurance, contract, and safety issues.
Prior to attending law school, Fred was a Municipal Parks & Recreation director. He is an avid hunter of big game, upland birds, and waterfowl.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Washington