Mike Howard is a Principal with Winston & Cashatt. Mike is a resident of Coeur d' Alene, where he manages the Winston & Cashatt office located at 250 Northwest Blvd., Suite 206.
Mike represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex general litigation, with an emphasis in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, construction defects, and insurance coverage disputes. Mike is licensed in Washington and Idaho and practices in both state and federal courts.
Mike also focuses on insurance-related issues, frequently representing clients who have been denied coverage by their insurance companies and defending insurance agents and brokers on errors and omissions claims.
Mike obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology and Chemistry from the University of Idaho in 1992, and his law degree from the University of Idaho College of Law in 1999. Mike served as a judicial law clerk for Idaho Supreme Court Justice Cathy Silak in 1999-2000, and has been in private practice since.
Representation of clients for personal injury arising from medical negligence, defective products, slip and fall, automobile collisions and other forms of negligence.
Represents clients against claims brought under a policy of insurance, including liability coverage, as well as professional errors and omissions.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Washington State Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar Association
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Regional Director
- John P. Gray American Inn of Court, Board Member
- Idaho First District Bar Association, President
- Idaho State Bar Commissioner
- Robins v. Home Care of Washington, Inc., 152 Wash.App. 1012 (Div. 3 2009)
- Flaugh v. Basin Ins. Association, Inc., 143 Wash.App. 1058 (Div. 3, 2008)
- Blizzard v. Lundeby, MD, 156 Idaho 204, 322 P.3d 286 (2014)
- Golub v. Kirk-Scott, Ltd., 157 Idaho 966 342 P.3d 893 (2015)
- Golub v. Kirk-Hughes Development, LLC, 158 Idaho 73, 343 P.3d 1080 (2015)
- Hayes v. City of Plummer, 159 Idaho 168, 357 P.3d 1276 (2015)
Michael T. Howard, Shareholder
Send a message to Mike Howard
Administrative Assistant: Lora Henderson
Areas of Emphasis
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Construction Defects
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- University of Idaho College of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of Idaho, B.S. in Zoology with a Chemistry minor, 1991
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts
- Idaho State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit