Joining Winston & Cashatt in 2014, Lisa Malpass’ practice areas focus on guardianship law, elder law, administrative law, probate matters, collaborative family law, public benefits, trusts, protection orders, wills, powers of attorney and health care directives. Lisa represents a broad array of clients ranging from seniors, young families, persons with disabilities, lay guardians, certified professional guardians, businesses, and other individuals in Spokane and its surrounding communities. Ms. Malpass is also a Title 11 Guardian ad Litem in Spokane County and other counties in Eastern Washington.
Areas of Emphasis
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2003
- Eastern Washington University, Masters in Public Administration, 2001
- Eastern Washington University, B.A. in Government, 1994
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State
Having been a resident of Spokane County since 1987, she attended Spokane Falls Community College, obtained her Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree in Government and Masters Degree in Public Administration (M.P.A.) from Eastern Washington University, and subsequently earned her Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree with honors from Gonzaga School of Law in 2003.
From 2003 to 2009, Lisa was employed with the Department of Social and Health Services/Home and Community Services Division serving as an in-house Legal Benefits Advisor/Attorney for Adult Protective Services. From 2009 to 2012, Lisa was an Attorney Advisor for the Social Security Administration/Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR). From 2012 to 2014, Ms. Malpass had a successful private practice as an attorney/owner for Malpass Law Office, P.S.
Lisa has been a presenter and speaker on various elder law subjects, including but not limited to, Guardianship Law, Adult Protective Services matters, Vulnerable Adult Protection Orders, Medicaid, the Washington Administrative Procedures Act and DSHS Hearing Rules, dealing with clients with diminished capacity, Title 11 guardian ad litem training, and public disclosure.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Licensed with Washington State Bar Association (WSBA) and Idaho Bar Association
- WSBA Memberships: Elder Law, Administrative, and Real Property Probate & Trust Sections
- WSBA Administrative Law Section Board Trustee, 2007–2013, 2015-2017
- Washington State Certified Professional Guardian (CPG) Board member, 2019-2022
- Spokane County Bar Association (SCBA), Past President of Elder, Disability and Estate Planning Section
- Spokane County Superior Court GAL Registry Committee 2015 to Present; SCBA Training Chair 2015 to Present
- Washington Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (WAELA) Director then President 2019
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) member
- NAELA Foundation Francis Cohn Sisters Award for Patient Advocacy – 2019
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member, Past-President Spokane Chapter, 2010-2011
- Participant in the Spokane Estate Planning Council
- Board Trustee of Corbin Senior Activity Center 2007-2009, 2012-2013
- Pro-Tem Judge, Spokane County District Court, 2010-2012, retrained 2017
- Leadership Spokane Graduate, 2004
- United State Air Force Veteran